The Naples office seeks a Fiduciary Accountant for the Trusts and Estates group. Candidates should have extensive knowledge in Trusts and Estates to work with high-net worth clientele base and handle all aspects of trust and estate administration and tax preparations and filings. This position will be part of a large, firmwide Trusts and Estates team of attorneys, paralegals, and fiduciary accountants. Relocation assistance is available, and we will consider a fully remote position for qualified candidates.
At least four years of relevant experience is required. The ideal candidate will be professional, diligent, organized, computer proficient and be able to work both collaboratively and independently. The position involves heavy client contact, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Preparing and filing in court of all documents required to probate wills, including coordinating assets and arranging for valuation; maintaining checkbook and banking records, paying bills, and computing and disbursing beneficiary distributions
- Reviewing wills and trust instruments to prepare and file necessary documents required to probate wills
- Preparing receipt and release agreements, disclaimers, affidavits, and accounting petitions
- Preparing income, estate, and gift tax returns at the federal and state level
- Prepare fiduciary inventories, accountings, and returns for trusts, estates, and guardianships
- Completing work assignments promptly, being proactive to upcoming filing deadlines, and meeting necessary deadlines as the estate moves toward final resolution
- Working with attorneys and paralegals to develop a list of gift tax returns and income tax returns for preparation and review and consistently following up with team members to provide superior client service
Education, Skills and Experience:
- A (4) year college degree and/or a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a complex trust and estate practice at a law firm, CPA firm, trust company, or bank. A concentration or advanced degree in accounting and/or a CPA license is a plus
- An in-depth knowledge and experience of the estate administration process, estate accountings, and related tax filings
- Strong communication skills, a proactive nature, and attention to detail are required
- Knowledge of Excel and other trusts and estates software applications used in estate administration and tax preparation
- Candidates should be able to produce an accurate work product while managing simultaneous projects and working independently to prioritize and complete tasks on-time
To be considered for the above position, please e-mail your resume to Jodi L. Bosak, Manager of Legal Personnel & Recruiting, at firstname.lastname@example.org .