Westlake/Cleveland – Trusts and Estates Paralegals
Hahn Loeser & Parks is looking to add 1-2 experienced Trusts and Estates paralegals with experience in either estate planning or estate administration and probate for either our Westlake location or downtown Cleveland office. Our widely recognized Trusts and Estates team of attorneys, paralegals, and fiduciary accountants is known for handling complex estate plans customized to meet the needs of our clients across the U.S. Candidates must have at least three years of estate planning or probate administration experience in a law firm, trust company, or similar setting.
Estate Planning Paralegals
- Prepare estate planning documents, including flowcharts, revocable and irrevocable trusts, wills, powers of attorney, advance directives, IRA beneficiary designations, and deeds
- Experience with maintaining and controlling the workflow of the estate planning process for clients; maintaining ongoing client status reports on active client workloads; and assisting attorneys at client validation/execution conferences and follow-up
Estate Administration and Probate Paralegals
- Experience in estate administration, and the preparation and filing (including electronic filing) of probate, trust administration documents, and fiduciary accountings and related notices
Preparing and filing estate, gift, and trust tax returns, including 1041, 709, and 706 forms
- CPA license or fiduciary tax experience preferred, but not required
- Managing a variety of Probate Court cases, including probate cases, filings, trust petitions, and occasional guardianship and conservatorship matters, from start to finish
- Maintain probate administration files and work independently to track deadlines to assist attorneys with meeting all probate-related deadlines.
- Familiarity with Ohio county-specific probate rules and procedures is preferred
All candidates should have excellent organizational, communication, and client-service skills. We are looking for paralegals who possess strong research and investigative skills, who can work within a larger team of paralegals and attorneys, and who maintain a proactive approach to successfully manage multiple deadlines and priorities. Preferred candidates will have an associate or bachelor’s degree, or demonstrated, relevant work experience. We offer our paralegals administrative assistant support as well as continuing education and professional development opportunities.
We offer our paralegals administrative assistant support as well as continuing education and professional development opportunities. Possible relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
To be considered for the above position, please e-mail your resume to Jodi L. Bosak, Manager of Legal Personnel & Recruiting, at email@example.com .